chg-git is the CHG GitLab server (to be shared with EROS). The hostname (and everything else) remains the same. The chg-git.img is a graphical installation, so use virt-manager to access the console.
|General Purpose:||GitLab server|
|Creation Date:||October 28, 2014|
- OS Type: Unix
- OS Version: 14.04.5 LTS
- vCPUS: 2 allocated
- MAC Address: 52:54:00:ed:6d:cd (generated)
- Memory: 32GB allocated
- Size: 50GB allocated
- GitLab server
Starting and Stopping Services
- Domain named changed from geog.ucsb.edu to chg.ucsb.edu (can also be reached at git.chg.ucsb.edu) as of November 23rd, 2015.
- Added ERI user 02/02/2015
- After blowing away the original Windows Server 2008 R2 installation, the VM was briefly called chg-gitl, but was changed back to chg-git by:
[root@rain ~]$ cd /var/run/libvirt/qemu [root@rain qemu]$ virsh dumpxml [domain] > foo.xml
Shut down VM, preferably from within the VM
chgadmin@chg-git:~$ sudo shutdown -h now
back on rain
[root@rain qemu]$ cp foo.xml chg-git.xml [root@rain qemu]$ vib chg-git.xml #(change name IN TWO PLACES) [root@rain qemu]$ virsh undefine chg-gitl [root@rain qemu]$ cd /var/lib/libvirt/images [root@rain qemu]$ cp chg-gitl.img chg-git.img [root@rain qemu]$ cd /var/run/libvirt/qemu [root@rain qemu]$ virsh define chg-git.xml
Deleted chg-gitl.img once chg-git was confirmed up and running.
- Originally, chg-git was also going to double as a staging server for EWX, but later (June 2015) Greg Ederer requested a clone of the CentOS chg-ewx system be created instead (chg-ewxtest). chg-ewxtest also lives on ubu, in the same location (/raid).
- Jenkins updated on June 14, 2016 (see the Jenkins wiki for notes).
- OS upgraded from Precise Pangolin (12) on June 20th, 2017.
[root@rain ~]# virsh dominfo chg-git Id: 5 Name: chg-git UUID: 965d9c28-9610-0b91-9e01-8ab7640869bf OS Type: hvm State: running CPU(s): 2 CPU time: 834636.3s Max memory: 33554432 KiB Used memory: 33554432 KiB Persistent: yes Autostart: disable Managed save: no Security model: selinux Security DOI: 0 Security label: system_u:system_r:svirt_t:s0:c707,c905 (enforcing)