Rain is a CHG auxiliary production server. Rain is meant to be a workhorse that houses a large chunk of CHG datasets and processes and serve as the VNC server. Rain is also intended to serve as backup space for zippy. The VMs chg-smb, chg-dub, chg-git, and chg-cscd are also housed on rain. Some functionality has been transferred to ubu, CHG's main server.
|IPMI IP:||(need info)|
|Location:||North Hall Data Center|
|UCID #:||(need info)|
|Grant #:||(need info)|
|Serial #:||AH1002264 (Mercury AH-RM316)|
|General Purpose:||Workhorse server|
|Purchase Date:||(need info)|
|Delivery Date:||(need info)|
|Contract #:||(need info)|
|Support Expires:||(need info)|
- OS Type: Unix
- OS Version: CentOS 6.7
- CPU info: 16xAMD Opteron 3.06GHz
- Chassis Specs: (need info)
- NIC speed: Gigabit
- MAC Address - eth0: 00:25:90:56:C0:AE
- MAC Address - eth1: (need info)
- IPMI notes: rain's IPMI (rain-ipmi) IP used to be Hollywood's IP
- Memory: 256GB (DDR3?)
- HD: /raid=22TB, /raid2=28TB, RAID6
LIS, FTIP, RFE2, LST, SAS, CDegS,
All VMs moved to roi
- Rain was moved to the ERI server room from EH 1609 on November 23rd, 2015.
- Aaron reset rain's IPMI interface and passwords on December 14th, 2015 after an apparent security breach due to inadequate security/ACL protection.
- Rain was moved to the North Hall Data Center on December 28th, 2015 following that season's reboot-a-palooza.
- It is now possible to print to the CHG printer from rain.
- NX server on rain is now deprecated (replaced by VNC).
- ftp_in functionality was moved to range in April 2016.
- RMA'd sde drive to HGST (Hitachi) on March 5th, 2014.
- RMA'd [?] drive to HGST (Hitachi) on June 24th, 2014.
- RMA'd sdh drive to HGST (Hitachi) on April 20th, 2015 (failed April 17th, 2015).
- RMA'd sdc drive to HGST (Hitachi) on March 1st, 2016 (failed February 29th, 2016).
- RMA'd sdg drive to HGST (Hitachi) on October 26th, 2016 (failed October 1st, 2016).